[Avcheck] Starting problems

Fridtjof Busse Fridtjof.Busse@gmx.de
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:09:57 +0200

> Note that you added extra newlines.  I assume it is cut-n-paste
> error.

No, it's an unchanged script from Ralf which works fine for him.

> What it reports on screen at startup? Is it evaluation version or
> not (evaluation kavdaemon will NOT check mail!)?  Here is output
> from "my" evaluation version of AvpDaemon:

No, it's a licensed version.

| Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux |

| (Daemon) |

| Copyright(C) Kaspersky Lab. 1998-2001 |

| Version 3.0 build 136 |

| |

Registration info:

Key name Ser. number Price pos. Exp. date Trial

AvpUnix.key 0105-000052-00035344 AVP for Linux Wor... 26.3.2002 No

loaded. Known records: 47338.

That's what it says at startup. Seems to start correctly, but doesn't
appear as process

>  /usr/bin/env - HOME=/ \
>   /usr/bin/strace -f -o /tmp/avpd.strace \
>   /var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avpd /var/spool/avp \
>   ./kavdaemon -dl -MD -MP -dp -V -* -f=/ctl /tst
>
> Then look to /tmp/avpd.strace, near it's end, and
> search backward for any errors.  I think you will
> be able to figure out what it is missing...  If
> not, send your strace to me (gzipped please!) or
> place to ftp/www and send a url -- I will be able
> to find w that's wrong (I hope)...

Run's nice, kavdaemon tells me

proces **** added

Proces **** added

But none of them appears in ps ax, and the file acpd.strace is not
created.

Fridtjof