[Avcheck] Starting problems

Fridtjof Busse fridtjof@fbunet.de
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:33:47 +0200

> Then look to /tmp/avpd.strace, near it's end, and
> search backward for any errors.  I think you will
> be able to figure out what it is missing...  If
> not, send your strace to me (gzipped please!) or
> place to ftp/www and send a url -- I will be able
> to find w that's wrong (I hope)...
>
> Strace is a *great* tool.

Hi Michael
Found the error, one little damn permission (avpd:avp instead of
avpd:root).
Thank you very much for your help!
strace is really a great tool!
But now I got another problem:
If I send the EICAR-testfile, I get (/var/log/maillog):
to=fridtjof.busse@gmx.de, relay=avcheck, delay=0, status=deferred
(temporary failure. Command output: avcheck: uexpected avp return code
70 (0x6946) )

Looks like KAV finds the "virus" and returns a message, that avcheck
can't understand. This also happens with real viruses.
Any idea (bug?)?
Fridtjof