[Avcheck] an idea: removing defer_transports?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:27:15 +0200

--YkJPYEFdoxh/AXLE

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 01:11:39AM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> I just thought about an ability to do safe restarts
> of avdaemon et al.  How about creating a file somewhere
> during daemon restarts, so that avcheck will temporary
> stop attempting to contact daemon?  Daemon restart
> will be as follows:

Yes. That would be even better, because with "postfix reload" pOstfix
loses all status information -- this is especially bad with a
high-volume mailserver!
=20
>  touch /var/spool/avp/noconn
>  sleep 10 # to allow any pending checks to complete

Will 10s suffice?

>  restart avdaemon
>  rm /var/spool/avp/noconn

--=20
Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people
echo Mhbqnrnes Stbjr | tr "[a-y]"  "[b-z]"=20

--YkJPYEFdoxh/AXLE

--YkJPYEFdoxh/AXLE--