[Avcheck] Warning: bad AVP behaviour

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:20:49 +0200

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 11:21:45PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> I plan to implement a workaround for this -- using
> timeout in avcheck and abortin a scan process after
> it expires, with EX_TEMPFAIL (as usual!) exit code,
> so that mail will not bounce.  I don't know if this
> will help or not, since not shure if avpd will be
> able to "eat" the message on next queue run (it may
> do exactly the same bad things) -- and if not,
> then it will look like a very good DoS (at least
> not a serious one, *if* avp will not stop on
> other "usual" messages).
>=20
> BTW, Is it only me who encountered this problem?

I haven't seen that so far. I'll forward the mail to Udo, who's using
avpcheck.c for 6500 users...

--=20
Ralf.Hildebrandt@innominate.com                           innominate AG
+49.(0)30.308806-62  fax: -77                         networking people
Windows has detected that a gnat has farted near your computer. Press
any key to reboot.=20

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--