[Avcheck] Re: Saving messages

Fridtjof Busse Fridtjof.Busse@gmx.de
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:43:52 +0200

> Really useful feature may be to save original mails in a file and
> refer to this file in "virus alert" mails instead of including
> the whole message, or, like in DrWeb examples, refer to
administrator's
> account (in order to see infected message sent to you, please
> send a mail to virus-admin@ourhost and include the 12345 identifier).
> Better yet (maybe) is to have a web-based interface for this (requires
> auth!) that will be able to parse message structure etc.

That sounds good.
What I had in mind is, that you are able to recover the hole infected
mail from a file on hd, so that you have a "backup" for the
"infected"-mail the admin recieves.

> BTW, Did you set up your system? -- I'm very interested in hearing
> how you solved your mailing loop troubles and what what a cause.

Oh, avcheck is running like a charm with postfix (using UUCP) in my
~1000 user network, but not on my local machine (damn it), I have not
figured out what's going wrong, but that is only my "gaming" machine,
not the productive system, so this isn't a real problem.
I will set up avcheck tody again on fresh installed RH 7.1, I'll let you
know, whether it worked.
I hope, I broke the resistance of my selfwilled machine (resistance is
futile ;))
--
Regards
Fridtjof