[Avcheck] Re: [AMaViS-user] Mailbombs and the like: what can we do?

Rainer Link link@suse.de
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:17:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  Virus protection can never be 100%. But software like ours can at least
>  take out the majority of threats. (you cannot have 100% security. but
>  you can configure your system so that it's much harder to break in. that'll
>  keep the script kiddies out.)
Virus protection *should* always be part of a general security concept,
which should include a good backup concept (a lot of ppl spend lots of
money for a virus scanner but their backup/restore concept is too "weak".
The best virus scanner can not restore destroyed data) _and_ user
education! Think of hoaxes, for example.

best regards,
Rainer Link
--
Rainer Link  |                SuSE - The Linux Experts
link@suse.de |    Developer of A Mail Virus Scanner (amavis.org)