[Avcheck] Problem (what else?)

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:06:17 +0400

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

[]
> > /var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avpc / \
> > /var/spool/avp/avcheck -n -f root -d /var/spool/avp/./tst \
> >  -s avp:/var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpCtl root < eicar.msg
>
> But not encoded as mail. Remeber, a mail starts with headers!
> Try this:
>
> /var/spool/avp/avcheck -n -f root -d /var/spool/avp/./tst \
> -s avp:/var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpCtl root < eicar.msg
>
> where eicar.msg is a "real" mail message, e.g. with headers and
> encoding etc.

Ralf, we're talking about avcheck-0.3 that includes exactly
what's needed in eicar.msg -- it is mail message with proper
MIME attached eicar.com file (content-type: application/octet-stream).
And your variant of invocation will not work without uchroot
(the only difference between your and Milan's variant I see
is the omission of first uchroot) -- avdaemon will not be
able to test mails, as it will have no permissions (and will
return success in this case).  The lines Milan provided are
exactly the same as in readme file in avcheck-0.3 tarball.

Your information is a bit out of date... ;)