[Avcheck] avcheck-0.4

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:53:04 +0400

This is a maintenance release - no code changes was made, only
portability and documentation fixes.

 Avcheck should now compile and run on Solaris natively
 (just `make' should be sufficient) -- thank to Piotr Kaban for
 his work and contributions (I trivially resolved all other
 cases/issues)

 Avcheck runs perfectly with DrWeb (www.sald.com) antivirus
 (and DrWeb is better than e.g. Avp IMHO) -- my servers runs
 DrWeb for about a month now, without troubles

 There are a new Czech translation, thank Jakub Urban <buba@smidl.cz>
 for providing it.

 Yes, my master.cf's examples in README.Postfix was incorrect.  Silly me.
 Thank Piotr Kaban and Fridtjof Busse for pointing this out, and excuse
 me please my ignorance.

There is no need to upgrade if your version works for you (unless you
plan to run (or already run) it with DrWeb -- there was some minor
changes around DrWeb option codes).

And I still NOT worked out all startup scripts, howtos and other
docos/examples that all of you sent to me -- this is *still* on
my todo list...  Almost all last month we was very busy... :(

Changelog entry:

2001-09-17  Michael Ju. Tokarev  <mjt@corpit.ru>
        * Added Czech translation for ex2 (Jakub Urban <buba@smidl.cz>)
        * Added little tweaks around DrWeb return code bits
        * avcheck should now work on Solaris SPARC in 32bit mode:
        * Added INADDR_NONE definition if not defined -- Solaris seems lack it
          (noted by Piotr Klaban <makler@man.torun.pl>)
        * Changed "%m" to "%s", strerror(errno) in uchroot (more portable)
        * execl() => execlp() in uchroot (to search $PATH and match chroot)
        * Added -lsocket -lnsl if there are /usr/lib/lib{socket,nsl}.so
          to Makefile (for Solaris, others), and used LDFLAGS
        * Reworked a bit `infected.ex2' example and a Makefile