[Avcheck] Funny messed up

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:36:15 +0400

Johan de Vries wrote:

> Michael
>
> >From here i can not reach you direct (DNS)

Yes, I noticied what our postfix rejected a message
from you -- problems with reverse DNS.  Our server
does not accept mails from "unnamed" clients -- I'm
very sorry, but this catches a lot of spam for us...

> This is for your information
>
> This is none critical but when i receive a mail report of a virus and the
> virus is a Magistr A, then the  sender field is not correct
[snip -- changed from addresses]

Yes, I know about this problem from amavis mailinglist.
In fact, there is little we can do here.  But I have an
idea at least.

What if `infected' script will look into virus name (as returned
from antivirus daemon) and either modify address(es) accordingly
or just skip sender's notification?  Note that standard mail
bounce will not reach "sender" as well (I use content_inspector
here, so I can't turn bounce off).  Or, just add a note to
generated message (e.g. something like "sender: some@where (may
be forged)")?