[Avcheck] Monitoring [was: Running kavdaemon supervised]

adi adi@acme.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:49:19 +0700 (JAVT)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 05:45:41PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> No.  I mean: if there is anything wrong with avcheck, then take
> *appropriate* actions.  One of them is -- if avcheck said "unable
> to connect", then check if av daemon is running, and possible try
> to (re)start it.  Another example is -- if avcheck said "unexpected
> return code", then notify postmaster about this via email.
>
> Watching a logfile for this may be a good idea

Why not just user return value from avcheck itself?
I think those deferral message notification, either which is printed
to syslog or notification to postmaster is based on these return
values.

Regards,

P.Y. Adi Prasaja