[Avcheck] infected script problem

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:33:20 +0400

Sorry for delay in answer - was busy today.

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> I'm chaining avcheck-0.5 and amavisd.
>
> Since an infected mail should go to the admin unaltered/unscanned, I need a
> way of submitting the mail from the "Infected" script to localhost:smtp

Avcheck itself can do all this of it's own -- see -c option.
If you'll read a manpage carefully, you'll notice a section where `infected'
script environment described, and, in particular, $SENDMAIL variable.
Avcheck will set it to point to itself when told to use smtp port for
reinjection, with appropriate options.  In the beginning of infected
script examples, thers is a line that sets $SENDMAIL in case it was
unset - in fact, just to be able to run that script(s) manually.

It's somewhat tricky, but this is how it works... ;)

> I'd say msendmail is a choice, but where can I find it?

Use:
   avcheck -c -S host:port -f sender -- recipient recipient...

This will be analog to msendmail.  BTW, msendmail.c is still
available on my ftp site, perhaps pub/postfix/ directory or
avcheck/old -- can't say for shure...