[Avcheck] avcheck 0.5 and eicar.(msg|txt) problem

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:35:11 +0300

Michael Kubecka wrote:

> (I choose to install avcheck in /var/chroot/avp instead of
> /var/spool/avp, so my path is different from the suggested path in the
> avcheck instructions).
>
> avpcheck correctly discovers the EICAR test virus in eicar.txt, however
> it _doesn't_ discover it in eicar.msg:
[...]

Do you have a valid key for your avpdaemon?  Note that demo version of
it does NOT, unfortunately, decodes MIME structure, license key is
required.  And the situation you see is pretty common in this respect.
If you want to, you can try to use old version of AVP (it was called
AvpDaemon at that time) to see it out in action.