[Avcheck] Scan only mails for some domains?

Sander Steffann sander@steffann.nl
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 00:30:38 +0100

Hi,

> Only one thing is left: is it possible to scan only mails for selected
> recipients instead of all incoming mail? I guess it is possible,
> postfix can sure do this... Any help/pointers appreciated.

It is possible. We do it like this:
We have 2 IP addresses for our mailserver. We configured them like this in
master.cf:
# Incoming mail without virus scan
mail2.nederland.net:smtp
        inet    n       -       y       -       100     smtpd
                -o content_filter=

# Incoming mail with virus scan
mail2-scan.nederland.net:smtp
        inet    n       -       y       -       100     smtpd
                -o content_filter=avscanr

You can then let the MX point to the second IP address / hostname when you
want to have it scanned.

Michael said it couldn't be done, so it's possible that this is a bad
sollution. But it works great for us.

Good luck,
Sander Steffann.