[Avcheck] how is avcheck 0.6 running with ....

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:40:20 +0300

Len Conrad wrote:

> FreeBSD 4.4 ?

Len,

You're asked (tried?) several times already. ;)  What are the problem
you're expirienced or expect to see?  This little program should just
run on FreeBSD, I see no reasons for it to fail.  It not uses any e.g.
Linux-specific features (there is just no need for this).  It is
quite stable for now (and in fact, for a long time now).  The problem(s)
may arize only from an antivirus daemon itself -- (possible) difficulties
with setting it up, it's (possible) instabilities and the like.
Maybe I can help you if there are some problems? ;)

> anybody got any hints, bruises to share?

See for example notes from Michael Kubecka, or from Piotr Klaban
(he uses avcheck on Solaris).  I know some other folks who also
uses it on FreeBSD.  I was asked several times in private email
too about various issues -- 99% of them was due to a virusscanner
setup problems, missing or invalid kavdaemon keys and the like,
and rest 1% was from the "day one", when there *was* some little
BSD-specific issues with avcheck itself, all are solved quite
a long time ago).

Just try it if you not did so already.  And unless you have very
specific/unusual requiriments, it should be painless to setup
and use...