[Avcheck] Re: real virus test?

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:05:08 +0300

[Sent to avcheck list too]

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 12:53:31PM -0600, Len Conrad wrote:
>
> > Nov 11 10:52:17 mgw2 postfix/pipe[9855]: 3416955406: to=<ryan@72mm.com>,
> > relay=avcheck, delay=1, status=deferred (temporary failure.  Command
> > output: avcheck: uexpected AVP return code 70 (0x6946) )

Aha!!.. ;)))  Make /dev/null in your chroot jail!.. ;)  This is the
same problem as reported several months ago by many people including
Ralf.  kavdaemon tries to send a log to the client.  Ralf, this is
a result from that code excerpt I sent to Michael Kubecka and you...
Kavdaemon calls close(fileno(stdout)) but uses printf or puts in
some other place.  This IS a log -- sent to CLIENT! :)

> > too bad, I gotta stop now, finish packing. I'll futz around again when I
> > get to the hotel in SFO.

:(

> I guess the *.prf or *.ini files are just bad.

No, he need to have
 /var/spool/avp/dev/null
file, equivalent to that in real /dev directory.  I don't know how
to "copy" device on a *BSD (linux way is just cp -a), but mknod
should do.  Or he may just `touch /var/spool/avp/dev/null'.