[Avcheck] README.AVP

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:12:42 +0300

Len Conrad wrote:
[]
> relay=avcheck, delay=1, status=deferred (temporary failure.
>   Command output: avcheck: uexpected AVP return code 70 (0x6946) )

0x6946 = "Fi", first two bytes of "File xxx infected by yyy" message
that should go into the log file -- look into my previous message.
This email contains a virus.  And as long as this is temporary error
from postfix's point of view -- just make necessary /dev/null and
do `postfix flush' -- mail will be checked and virus reports should
be sent (unless there is some other issue floating around...).

BTW, it is better to check things up manually before doing this from
postfix -- as described in README.AVP.  This way, it is simple to
recover from any possible error/issue, as one subsystem (MTA) is
not in the game.

[]
> and a msg without atachment thta goes ok:

This is how it should work.