[Avcheck] Installing Kaspersky's AVP, AVCheck for FreeBSD 4.x

Len Conrad LConrad@Go2France.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:11:27 +0100

Mike (Kubecka):

"Please let me know about any corrections or errors..."

Your FreeBSD instructions don't include the creation of devices
$chroot/dev/null and $chroot/dev/console.

(I'm not sure how or why the console device was created on one
fbsd+kasp+avcheck machine I set up, but it was certainly in dev along with
null.  that that machine worked, while the 2nd machine w/o dev/console had
"da" SCSI block alignment errors, as if some device was writing on the SCCI
device rather than something else)

Is this the right command to create null?

mknod avp/dev/null c 13 2

I see this on the system /dev for permissions:

# ls -al /dev/null
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel    2,   2 Nov 19 08:39 /dev/null

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways