[Avcheck] Code 15

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:52:11 +0300

Fridtjof Busse wrote:

[]
> Yes, I'm sure. I checked everthing twice and even copied the whole
> /var/spool/avp directory from another machine on which avcheck works
> perfectly.

So this is really something new.  Oh well...  Are you familiar with
strace?  You can try to strace kavdaemon in order to see what it
wants from us.  To do so, please locate the kavdaemon's pid, execute
the command:

  strace -s 60 -f -p `cat /var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpPid` -o trc

(-s 60 directs strace to print first 60 chars of any string,
default is 32 -- this way we'll see more complete messages,
and -f tells to follow forks -- needed here as long as kavdaemon
forks another process to handle every request).  Then, try the
message triggered those code 15 problem.  Near the end of a
'trc' file you'll find a write syscall that failed due to EPIPE
error -- this write or another near that place *may* contain
a question kavdaemon wanted to ask.  I'm not shure if that will
be so, since kav will send a length of a question first and then
the question itself, and EPIPE may be returned for first write.
If that's the case, then avcheck needs to be modified a bit in
order to show that question...

Or, send the message in question together with your ini-files
to me, I'll try to reproduce the situation here (or upload it
to my ftp area, ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/home/mjt/upload/ ).