[Avcheck] infected is sick?

Len Conrad LConrad@Go2France.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:45:45 -0600

>???!  Ooch.  Sender receives the message:
>
>  From: antivirus daemon
>  Subject: sender virus alert ...
>
>  The mailsystem received a message from you that was
>  infected.  Original message provided below.
>
>  +-------------------------------+
>  | Attachtment: infected message |
>  +-------------------------------+
>
>I don't think people SO stupid to open the attachtment given
>this context.

It's equally stupid to think peiple are not stupid!  :))

> > >   So sender typically have no knowlege that his machine sent out
> > >viruses.  When he can view the whole message he can do or know more than
> > >for headers (at least if he has a clue what viruses are).  Moreover,
> > >most infected messages will be sent using standard way (as a MUA
> configured),
> > >typically via the gateway that will handle virus properly, and not direct
> > >to the destination machine.  If a virus on my machine will send a mail to
> > >you, it will send it to our gateway, not directly to your machine.
> >
> > but you now many mail servers through which these viruses propagate from do
> > not have AV or a blocking gateway.
>
>So the notification will be delivered just fine and will not be blocked --
>exactly what I said.

but with the virus attached!!! that's not fine.

>Well.  I can esaily made sending the whole message or headers only back
>configurable.

ahh, you are a nice guy.

Sending the virus a-lert to say what's happened, plus only the headers to
show the sender a trace, is just perfect.

If you want me to test that, just send it to me and IŽll test it right away.

holding my breath....  :))

Len