[Avcheck] Re: Hello

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:04:22 +0300

George Chelidze wrote:

Please direct all avcheck-related questions to avcheck mailinglist.
And please use more meaningful subject next time.  I have nothing
bad against "Hello" (well, hello to you too), but this subject says
nothing about contents of email you posted.

> I have just installed avcheck 0.6 on my linux box. In README.sendmail
> file there is a little error whick caused my sendmail to loop the
> messages. It is in LOCAL_RULE_0 section
>
> R $* < @ $+ . > $: $1 < $2 . $&r . > $3
>
> should be
>
> R $* < @ $+ . > $: $1 < @ $2 . $&r . > $3

Sendmail support is still not working.  I personally have no sendmail
anywhere around and stopped using it more than 2 years ago, so I even
doesn't know how it changed since that.  The readme.sendmail was written
by a friend of mine who actually tried avcheck with sendmail but who
still not provided complete information.

> I use kavdaemon as my antivirus daemon and it can't scan mail messages.
> when I start kavscanner, I have no message That this v ersion is trial.
> Can you please tell me how can I fix it. I know that kavdaemon can do it
> because I have downloaded avpcheck-sendmail-0.0.5-1.rpm and it detects
> viruses in mail messages. Thank you in advance.

Where you get that rpm?  What is it? ;)
Note that avcheck does NOT detects any viruses -- this is an antivirus
task, while avcheck is only the interface between a virusscanner and
a MTA.  So either avp is either working or not, but not both.  Noone
is able to tell how to "fix that" having the information you provided,
except maybe someone with a telephatic abilities.