[Avcheck] Re: text message shouldn't be scanned?

adi adi@satunet.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:38:42 +0700 (JAVT)

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:42:32PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> BTW, why you use dietlibc and static linking for this?  Just curious.

I do it not for this test. With dietlibc, I could compile things
statically, while still have small size binary.
I mention about it anyway on my 'reports', in case anybody knows that
it could make any differences ;-) (I don't expect to get any gain in
speed).

> HeuristicOff for avp was set up as CodeAnalyser=No and
> RedundantScan=No in defUnix.prf (and Yes for On), and for DrWeb
> this was HeuristicAnalysis = (No|Yes).  It's interesting that DrWeb
> does not depend on Heuristic settings.

As I remember, I only copy and paste configuration files. But, for
AvpDaemon, I use RedundantScan = No, but CodeAnalyser = Yes. And I
use drweb32.ini with HeuristicAnalysis = Yes.

Did you ever try use DRWEBD_HEURISTIC_ON flag, Michael. I did it
again, and got slower results (again).

Regards,

P.Y. Adi Prasaja