[Avcheck] inclusion / exclusion of envelope recipients

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns@fishfarm.de
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:36:12 +0100

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:30:25PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Luke Dudney wrote:
> >
> > I have not played with avcheck a great deal beyond testing and customizing
> > the infected script.
> > I am wondering if there is an easy way to give avcheck a list of recipient
> > email addresses to scan and to simply pass all other addresses without
> > scanning.
>
> I don't know if this is acceptable from *policy* point of view (technically
> this isn't a problem at all).  The solution was once proposed on this list,
> here is is again, very simple.
> [...]

I set this up, as was suggested on the list before. If anyone is
interested, I can send the modified infected handler.

One problem I encountered is this: we have virtual mail domains
here. Obviously a mail going to address@virtual.tld is either sent to
an external address or to a local user.

When looking at the mail from inside the infected handler, the "to
address" seems to be either the external or the internal address, but
_not_ the virtual address.

This led to the problem that mail directed to a local user had the
"real" domain name of the server and was scanned, although the virtual
domain shouldn't have been scanned (or notified really, scanned is
everything, of course.) And it could of course have the effect of mail
not being scanned (in the sense above) although it should be scanned,
because it is directed to an external address which of course is not
in the list of addresses to be scanned.

I solved this by inserting add@localhost.realdomain.tld in the virtual
file, but this is not really a nice solution...

I hope I made myself clear. If anyone has some tips on how to solve
this, I will gladly read them :-)

Regards,
Karsten
--
fishfarm netsolutions - Karsten Dambekalns
Echternstr. 73 - 38100 Braunschweig

Tel. +49 531 1232902  mailto:k.dambekalns@fishfarm.de
Fax. +49 531 1232906  http://www.fishfarm.de/