[Avcheck] Antivirus with Postfix and DrWeb

Nicolai Strøm Gylling nsg@webpartner.dk
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:17:38 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to configure Postfix with the DrWeb antivirus scanner, using AVCheck to pipe the mails to the scanner.

My current setup doesn't complain in any way(it delivers mail and everything *seems* to work, Avcheck adds a X-AV header), but I can't get it to detect the Eicar testmail(gzipped or not). I'm running both in chrooted enviroment, as suggested in the docs.

When running the test supplied with AVCheck, injecting the eicar.msg, I don't get any response, with no log-entries anywhere. I've set DrWeb to log as much as I can, but nothing shows up there.

My postfix master.cf:

localhost:1025  inet n       -      n      -       - smtpd -o content_filter=
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o content_filter=avcheck
avcheck    unix -       n      n      -       5      pipe
        flags=q user=avclient argv=/usr/local/avcheck/avcheck
        -d /var/spool/drwebtest -h Webpartner -s DrWeb:/usr/local/drweb/run/sock
        -f ${sender} -S :1025 -- ${recipient}

Could anyone guide me to where the problem might be, or how I could enable more logging, since I find it pretty hard to get any further, when I get no errors or the likes in return to my attempts.

Best regards

Nicolai Gylling
WEBPARTNER A/S
www.webpartner.dk