[Avcheck] Offtopic, DrWeb definition update

Sergey Akhapkin Sergey Akhapkin <asv@drweb.ru>
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:45:31 +0300

Hello Nicolai,

NSG> A bit offtopic, but DrWeb's support doesn't seem to reply to my queries.

Sorry, on that e-mail you wrote your questions ? Really, I need know it.
For all questions about Unix version you can write directly to me.

NSG> Anyone know how often and fast, DrWeb are in updating their
NSG> virus-definitions, when a new virus is  detected?

Virus bases updates at least one (really 2-3) time at day, but in most
cases of plagues (new dangerous viruses) - AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

NSG> Is it possible to see which vira, is detects anywhere?

Every day during a week we releases drwtoday.vdb (hot add-on), it's
includes all new viruses. So drwtoday.vdb grows during week. At end of
the week we releases drwXXXYY.vdb (XXX - version, YY - enumerate) and
drwXXXYY.txt - that contains names of viruses included in appropriate
vdb.

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:asv@drweb.ru