[Avcheck] avcache announcement

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:00:58 +0300

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> While on the train from Chemnitz to Berlin, avcache was written &
> tested.
>
> http://www.fefe.de/avcache/
>
> Check it out. I have yet to install it on our mailservers.

Ralf, this may be a better idea/solution for your exact problem.  How
about using Message-ID field instead of checksum as a key?

For others: the problem is that on Ralf's environment, qmail is used
for initial mail submission, and many messages are destined for multiple
recipients.  As a result, postfix receives many copies of the same msg
(qmail sends one-rcpt-at-a-time) and checks many msgs as well instead
of only one.