[Avcheck] avcache announcement

Piotr KUCHARSKI chopin@sgh.waw.pl
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:58:23 +0100

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 06:00:58PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Ralf, this may be a better idea/solution for your exact problem.  How
> about using Message-ID field instead of checksum as a key?

Depending on the lifetime of cache, checksum of body might
be better -- subsequent copies of same mail would be cached already.
Doing checksum requires more resources than checking MID, though.

> For others: the problem is that on Ralf's environment, qmail is used
> for initial mail submission, and many messages are destined for multiple
> recipients.  As a result, postfix receives many copies of the same msg
> (qmail sends one-rcpt-at-a-time) and checks many msgs as well instead
> of only one.

And yahoo-groups send separate copies of the same mail, with
different From_ (probably to get better error handling).
I noticed that after getting 48 warnings from infected, which
all were triggered by one virus sent to some yahoo list.

p.