[Avcheck] avcache announcement

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:10:06 +0100

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 07:24:03PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> So why bother about multiple scanning of the same msg at all? :)

Because it's dog slow, even with avcheck :|

> Well, if most majority of your mail are for multiple recipients,
> checksuming will surely help.  But if not, it will slow down the
> whole process.

most of our OUTGOING mail is for multiple recipients -- when the guys
are doing their own "lists"...

> Ok, the only way to figure this out is to see the process in action.

Yup.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155