[Avcheck] Update hell, was: Most recent version of kavdaemon?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:46:12 +0200

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 05:11:24PM -0600, Robert Dalton wrote:

> I had to add a -ks switch to the kavupdate.sh script when calling kavupdater
> to prevent it from modifying the ini file when it updates the bases.

I don't use the kavupdater, but a Perl Script that forces a reload of
kavdaemon only iff an update was successful.

Has kavupdater some means of finding out if there WAS an update (by
means of an exit code?
--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155