[Avcheck] bug in avcheck-0.8

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:03:47 +0400

Stefano Tabacchiera wrote:

> Hi all,
> I think I just found a bug in avcheck-0.8.
>
> The command line option -h is actually used to display the help,
> but it's also used to add a custom header to scanned mail message.

Yes, this is a known issue.  Note to self: I *should* make a new release!!!
Together with mods around avp-4.x "unknown avp return code 1" mentioned
by Robert Dalton.

> The first one has the precedence, so the header switch doesn't work.
> I decided to add the -H hdr command line option, leaving -h for the help.

Just don't place -h hdr as *first* argument of avcheck, for now.
There is no need for such (incompatible) patch.  Real fix is to
drop -h to mean help altogether, or, just like I did in current
CVS, check to see if -h is the only option given and only in
that case treat it as "get help".

> I also created the Italian translation for the infected script.

Yes, this may be of interest for other Italian users.