[Avcheck] maillog error

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:53:53 +0400

Nacho Ruiz® wrote:

> I'm having the same error every minute
>
> May 31 11:30:13 nax postfix/qmgr[8512]: warning: connect to transport
> /var/spool/avp/avcheck: No such file or directory
>
> but all mail delivery/scanning its ok....

This is "interesting".  It seems something is wrong with your master.cf
and/or main.cf.  This should not happen.  I suspect you use
 content_filter = /var/spool/avp/avcheck
i.e. a program.  But postfix requires a name of it's own transport as
defined in master.cf.  I doubt your mailsystem will detect any viruses.

> On 31 May 2002, Juan Enrique [ISO-8859-1] Gómez wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > any one has any clue about this kind of error?
> >
> > May 31 08:29:00 eul0000120 postfix/nqmgr[17129]: warning: connect to
> > transport avcheck: No such file or directory
> >

> > The antivirus seems to work fine, and this error doesnt appears
> > always...

And this is also "interesting", and should not happen too.  Again,
content_filter=xyz expects name (xyz, or avcheck in your case) of a
transport defined in master.cf.  How to define such transport in
master.cf, described in README.Postfix.

Please post your master.cf (better as an attachment, so all spaces
and newlines will be intact) and output from postconf -n here.
I think both of you - Juan and Nacho - should correct something
in your configuration.

/mjt