[Avcheck] maillog error

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 31 May 2002 18:42:08 +0400

Nacho Ruiz® wrote:

> It's strange we've the same error at the same time..
> perhaps because both are spanish? :P
>
> well I inspected the config and all seems ok...in main.cf:
>
> content_filter = avcheck
>
> and master.cf seems oks (see attach), well after install of postfix 1.1.11
> the make config added 2 lines here..qmgr and flush
>
> the rc.postfix+avp init script i'm using starts postfix and avp in the
> follow maner:
>
>  /usr/local/postfix/bin/postconf -e "defer_transports = avcheck"
>         /usr/local/postfix/bin/postfix reload
>         /var/spool/avp/kavdaemon -ka && sleep 1
>         /usr/bin/env - HOME=/ /usr/bin/nice /var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avpd /var/spool/avp ./kavdaemon -dl -MP -f=/ctl /tst > /dev/null
>         /usr/local/postfix/bin/postconf -e "defer_transports ="
>         /usr/local/postfix/bin/postfix reload

Why those reloads?  I think it's pretty sufficient to just start
all the daemons.  Start kavdaemon before postfix.  Especially it's
unnecessary to do `postfix reload' if you just started it.

> The msg appears exactly every minute:
>
> May 31 15:38:25 nax postfix/qmgr[256]: warning: connect to transport
> /var/spool/avp/avcheck: No such file or directory

There should be some queue file - maybe rather old - with incorrect
transport recorded.  I *suspect* (but not sure) that once you tried
to use content_filter=/var/... instead of content_filter=avcheck.
`mailq' should show you what's waiting in queue.  Do you have
soft_bounce=yes also?

Another alternative is that you have similar content_filter=/var/... in
only ONE of your input paths to postfix (those are smtpd, pickup and qmqpd).
I.e. when mail goes on via smtp, it gets correct content_filter=avcheck
record, but if it is submitted locally, it gets incorrect content_filter.
Note that content_filter may be specified in main.cf (globally) and in
master.cf for only one service.  But I see no content_filter= statements
in your master.cf (only for smtpd listening on localhost:1025 where it
is empty).

In any way, there should be some email message waiting in queue that
triggers those warnings when qmgr tries to deliver it, and `mailq'
should show it.  Another question is where and how it comes from.

[]
> And the system is scanning mails because I got 2 or 3 infected.
> Btw...I'm using debian..never found that msg on a redhat distro...

This is in no way related to distribution, only postfix configuration
matters here.

/mjt