[Avcheck] maillog error

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Fri, 31 May 2002 19:38:46 +0400

Nacho Ruiz® wrote:

> You suspected right, is a mail in the queue file that can't be delivered
> cause of this error. How can I delete it from the queue?

postsuper -d <queue-id of offended message>

or just delete corresponding files from /var/spool/postfix/{deferred,defer}.

> Perhaps during the instalation I write the full path in main.cf of
> avcheck, as you say, and this generated the periodic delivery error...
> I've soft_bounce=yes also, it's ok to put "no" here :?

*Definitely*.  Soft_bounce=yes turns ALL permanent errors (e.g. address
or domains does not exists, or invalid configuration, or any other tons
of possible conditions) to temporary errors.  This feature may be useful
for testing of new configuration to ensure no mail will be lost in case
of any error/typo.  But it should be turned off on production mode.

/mjt