[Avcheck] big archives

Max Kalika max@lsit.ucsb.edu
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:56:09 -0700

Greetings.  We have a system here working semi-well with avcheck and
sophie.  (I know sophie support is supposed to be weak at the moment, but
the only thing that got through so far is .sit files).

Anyway.  I have a more general question.  I tried sending a tarball of 1GB
of compressed zeros (which ends up being slightly less than 1MB) to see
what would happen if an extracted attachment fills the partition.  I get
this in the log:

relay=avcheck, delay=367, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command
output: avcheck: error in Sophie: return code -1

The message gets queued and postfix tries it again later.  I assume that it
would timeout after a while and get bounced.  Does anyone have a cleaner
way of handling this?  Do any other scanning agents have the ability to
deal with enormous archives?

---max kalika
--max@lsit.ucsb.edu
-lsit systems administrator