[Avcheck] Skipped Files & Avcheck

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:13:32 +0400

Martin Jaggi wrote:

> Hallo
>
> Is there a problem with Avcheck 0.8 and skipped files ?
>
> In drweb/run/log:
> Sun Jul 14 19:08:21 2002  [50017] >/tst/50016.tmp/Neosys_Daten.zip - archive
> ZIP
> Sun Jul 14 19:08:22 2002  [50017]
> >>/tst/50016.tmp/Neosys_Daten.zip/Edata.010/EUDA-216.EDA - file too large,
> skipped
>
> But then the mail is bounced with:
> > Antivirus message(s):
> > Message is too complex, possible mailbomb
>
> Something wrong with the setup or should I try 0.9 ?

No, that's intentional since 0.8.  Another option is to defer this
mail and attempt to scan it again and again and again and again
(you got the idea ;) until it expires.  Or ignore the error.

Try to adjust your drweb settings (drweb32.ini or how it is called
at your machine).  Look to values of MaxFileSize and MaxCompressionRatio
(if memory serves me right).  And read DrWeb's docs about those two
options.  You may want to increase both values for your local needs,
but not too much, or else you risk to be crashed by 42.zip mailbomb.

BTW, 0.9 isn't here yet, only 0.9pre... :(

/mjt