[Avcheck] KavDaemon operation not permitted

Morten Christensen mc-avcheck@mc.cx
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:49:10 +0200

Not sure, this is the right place to ask.

SuSE 8.0 install with Postfix. I have tried to setup
Avcheck (0.70 and 0.90pre) with Kavdaemon 4.0.1.0
chrooted.

Avchecks rc.avpd-script is set to boot in runlevel 5.
It gives this boot-message:

------>begin<-----
switching to runlevel 5:
Starting AVP Daemon:
uchroot: unable to execute /kavdaemon: Operation not permitted

<notice>'/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01avpd start' exits with status 1
------<end>-----

When I run the avpd script manually after boot, AVP Daemon
starts.

My mail-system works, but I do not think, it is doing any
virus-scanning.

I cannot get any logging from avcheck or avp daemon.

Btw. I am unsure, my AVP licens-key is right. It says
Exp.date 30.12.2003 Trial No
Full version, Unlimited mail box and 0 traffic licenses

---
mvh...
Morten Christensen