[Avcheck] KavDaemon operation not permitted

Morten Christensen mc-avcheck@mc.cx
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 14:11:48 +0200

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 07:49:10PM +0200, Morten Christensen wrote:
>

>>------>begin<-----
>>switching to runlevel 5:
>>Starting AVP Daemon:
>>uchroot: unable to execute /kavdaemon: Operation not permitted
>>

>Permission problem?
>

>><notice>'/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01avpd start' exits with status 1
>>------<end>-----
>>

>I use this in my start script:
>    /usr/bin/env - HOME=/ \
>    /var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avpd /var/spool/avp \
>    ./kavdaemon -dl -f=/ctl /tst

Typed directly from this, the error message:
uchroot: unable to find user 'avpd'. With -u avdaemon it gave exactly
same error as
before.

Permissions were

/var   root:root 40755
/var/spool   root:root 40755
/var/spool/avp   root:root 40755
/var/spool/avp/kavdaemon   root:root 100754

Then I changed the group on all files in /var/spool/avp to avclient
and now kawdaemon starts at boot-time.

Those permissions on the files in /var/spool/avp might
be worth a line in the readme.avp. It is logical
but easy to forget if you don't understand everything.

>>When I run the avpd script manually after boot, AVP Daemon
>>starts.
>>

>Something is different.

Must bee, but it was the exact same script. Now I an using your
"mini-script".

>>My mail-system works, but I do not think, it is doing any
>>virus-scanning.

The virus-scanning is running now.

Thank you for your help.

mvh...