[Avcheck] Announce: avcheck-0.91

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:21:25 +0400

Piotr Klaban wrote:
[]
> Maybe it's better to name this release avcheck-0.10 or avcheck-0.9.1
> since the previous one is avcheck-0.9 ;-)

Well, I have a versioning plan (hidden :).  For now, it's not
yet shown but will be soon.

[]
> If I can suggest also a very small change (unimportant, but it logs to
 > my syslog when avp unexpetedly dies with SIGABRT/SIGSEGV):

Is this a common situation?  Hmm...

> -    err(errno, "unable to read %s responce", avname);
> +    err(errno, "unable to read %s response", avname);

Done.  Oh well, typos, typos... :(

>>I.e. all is usual except of new pipe_safetodeliver_code=NN option for
>>pipe(8) agent and -n and -gNN (yes, the same NN!) for avcheck.  When set
>
> Such option is great and necessary, since I have now 4 extranous Received: lines
> because of spam and virus filters.

But the main work should be done in postfix to support this.

BTW, you may stack your content filters without postfix's help,
if all are stable enouth (i.e. returns *only* *after* message
is accepted by a receiver).

/mjt