[Avcheck] avcheck problem

Marek Bialoglowy ultor@systemintegra.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:08:21 +0700

Hello

My Avcheck doesn't work and I don't really know what is the cause of the
problem. It could be actually related to expiration of the key, but actually
everything should still work in DEMO mode.

root@mail:~/install/avcheck-0.92pre#  /var/spool/avp/uchroot -u avclient / \
>  /var/spool/avp/avcheck -n -f root -d /var/spool/avp/./tst \
>   -s avp:/var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpCtl root < eicar.msg
avcheck: unexpected AVP return code 64 (0x0140) (kavdaemon av bases not
found)

root@mail:/var/spool/avp# /var/spool/avp/avcheck -f root -d
/var/spool/avp/tst -s avp:/var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpCtl root < eicar.msg
avcheck: unexpected AVP return code 65 (0x0141) (kavdaemon av bases not
found)

Well seams that bases have not been found, but well ... i still can run
kavscanner:

root@mail:/var/spool/avp# ./kavscanner /tmp -Y

|            Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux             |
|         Copyright(C) Kaspersky Lab. 1998-2002         |
|                     Version 4.0.2.2                   |
|                                                       |
                   Registration info:
                   Evaluation copy
Kaspersky Anti-Virus key is not loaded or your Kaspersky Anti-Virus license
has expiried. Program can work only as demo.
Antiviral databases have been loaded. Known records: 62777.

Current object: /tmp
Scan process completed.

           Sector Objects :      0                Known viruses :      0
                    Files :     11                 Virus bodies :      0
                  Folders :      4                  Disinfected :      0
                 Archives :      0                      Deleted :      0
                   Packed :      0                     Warnings :      0
                                                     Suspicious :      0
           Speed (Kb/sec) :     45                    Corrupted :      0
                Scan time :  00:00:01                I/O Errors :      0

Would it be related to expiration of my key ?

Best Regards,

 Marek Bialoglowy [mb@systemintegra.com] [Information Security Consultant]
 GROUP: HERT (hert.org) -- PGP: http://www.systemintegra.com/pgp/ultor.asc
 JOB: (CTO) System Integra -- Jakarta, Indonesia -- Timezone: JAVT, GMT +7