[Avcheck] avcheck problem

Marek Bialoglowy ultor@systemintegra.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:32:54 +0700

Hello

I've reported before some problem with:

avcheck: unexpected AVP return code 65 (0x0141) (kavdaemon av bases not
found)

massage when key has expired.

root@mail:/var/spool/avp# /var/spool/avp/avcheck -f root -d
/var/spool/avp/tst -s avp:/var/spool/avp/ctl/AvpCtl root < eicar.msg
avcheck: unexpected AVP return code 65 (0x0141) (kavdaemon av bases not
found)

I got new key already and everything works fine again. Actually it's working
since I've restarted kavdaemon with new key, so the cause of the problem is
something related to kavdaemon. I think avcheck should still work using AVP
demo version after key have expired, currently it's not possible to run it
this way.

Thank you for help.

Best Regards,

 Marek Bialoglowy [mb@systemintegra.com] [Information Security Consultant]
 GROUP: HERT (hert.org) -- PGP: http://www.systemintegra.com/pgp/ultor.asc
 JOB: (CTO) System Integra -- Jakarta, Indonesia -- Timezone: JAVT, GMT +7