[Avcheck] Avcheck with Clam

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:15:02 +0300

Marcio Merlone wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think would be great if one could use avcheck with some free
> antivirus. Is there a way to make it work with Clam Anti-Virus? Is there
> any other free anti-virus suitable to avcheck?

Well, there are several requests to made avcheck to work with either
OpenAntivirus or Clam.  It should be easy to implement (and write some
docs which isn't that easy ;).  Unfortunately, I have no time to do
this, and I don't know when this will be possible...

> I plan to use it on a mail gateway that serves about 3000 domains, so
> licences fees will be prohibitive, and I'd rather use free software
> also.

Not all virusscanners are equal in licenses.  That same avp, if memory
serves me right, has "server license" (i.e. not restricted to number of
domains) (in fact, it's sufficient to have "workstation license" of
avp - there is no need to by kavkeeper for example).

/mjt