[Avcheck] Avcheck with Clam

Marcio Merlone mm@surf.com.br
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:23:54 -0200

Em Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:06:00 +0100 (CET), Dani Pardo <dani@enplater.com>
escreveu:

> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Marcio Merlone wrote:
> > >   Hi, the openantivirus virus sigs.. aren't they a bit old? It's
> > >   seems to
> > > be last-updated at 29 Oct '02.. Didn't know about OpenAntivirus
> > > before..
> > Yes, openantivirus .sig are a bit old, but clam team has a different
> > schedule for it, they use a different .sig file. Their last update
> > was today.... :)
>   Cool! How long have you been using it? Is it good? I add it in my
>   TODO
> list (currently using avp with license expired).
>   Btw.. your mail server refuses my IP, arguing about spam :?

We've been using Clamav for about 2 weeks only. But is the best one is
free. This machine now handles mail for 500 domains but I still have
other 2500 to put there ;)

What IP? I dont have 213.97.41.205 nor 80.64. nor enplater.com on my
black list... can u send me the hole message, please? Sorry.

According to logs, clam .sig had updates at

[root@bat access]# grep -B 2 "Database updated" \
/var/log/clam-update.log|grep Checking
Checking for a new database - started at Sat Feb  1 08:00:01 2003
Checking for a new database - started at Tue Feb  4 08:00:01 2003
Checking for a new database - started at Thu Feb  6 08:00:00 2003
Checking for a new database - started at Sat Feb  8 08:00:00 2003
Checking for a new database - started at Tue Feb 11 08:00:00 2003
[root@bat access]#

Those are the ones that got new .sig file after last monthly log
rotation..
My mailgraph is not yet accounting viruses so I dont have numbers, but
Clamav is working very nice. I'd like to check avcheck instead of
amavisd-new to try to unload the machine, wich is averaging 2 with peaks
of 20 (5 min load average) and 60msg/min average with peaks of
570msg/min by now.

Hope your TODO list is not too big :)

[ ]'s

--