[Avcheck] Re: drweb question

Sergey Akhapkin Sergey Akhapkin <asv@drweb.ru>
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:12:03 +0300

Hello,

Saturday, March 29, 2003, 2:11:11 PM, you wrote:

Sorry, I'd not saw original so I'll answer on answer. :)

>> DrWeb seems to support OpenBSD (and qmail) now.
>> There's an OpenBSD tgz on their ftp site, even though
>> the web-page makes no mention of being able to
>> download or purchase their product for OpenBSD.
>> Curiously, the OpenBSD tgz on their ftp site contains
>> no script or app for updating the virus definitions.

OpenBSD support is in beta stage, we are going to full support from
next release.
I think you say about files from:
ftp://ftp.drweb.ru/pub/betas/unix/4.29.7/

to receive working version get FreeBSD distribution from
ftp://ftp.drweb.ru/pub/unix/4.29.5/
and after install just replace drwebd & drweb from OpenBSD archive.

>>  Is DrWeb as good at detecting viruses?  Are there an
>> equal amount of virus definitions for DrWeb and KAV?

My answer would not be correct (independ review impossible to me), so
I'll post only links to some of independed tests:

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?table
http://www.av-test.org/sites/tests.php3?lang=en
http://agn-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vtc/

PS: You can write to me if you have some questions.

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:asv@drweb.ru