[Avcheck] Total crash when running postfix flush

Tarjei Huse tarjei@nu.no
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:39:50 +0200

Hi,

This might be OT, the future will show. I've been running a setup w/postfix and
avcheck now for about 2 years, and been generaly very happy with it.

However, the last few weeks, I've experienced a lot of trouble. The server has
repetedly crashed hard without any entries in the log or anywere else telling me
why. As you might understand, I've scratched my head and thought of verious
hardwareproblems that might be the reason for this.

However, today I've seen the machine crash consistently when I run the postfix
flush command. As you might understand, I'm happy that I might see the end of
this. However, it is quite hard to find the bug in this. So what I am asking
from you is some tips that might help me get this debugged so I might solve the
problem.

Do you have any tips?

All I get out of it is:

run postfix flush

and then some commands (ls, cp, mv) works, but ps and all postfix related
commands stop working (you may get back to the terminal by using CTRL-C). Also,
logging in stops working for all users. The load rises fast up tu 10/30/40 and
you have to restart.

I hope you might help me find the problem.

Yours,

Tarjei Huse