[Avcheck] kavkeeper + "User unknown"

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:41:13 +0400

George Chelidze wrote:
[]
> You mean I can't create configuration file for sendmail that can do the
> trick?

Well, I'm not an expert here, but as far as I can see, it's not at least
easy possible with sendmail.

>> content-filtering mechanism called "milter", and there are some
>> programs that can talk with kaspersky's KAV and to sendmail via
>> milter.  If you're using Sendmail, please find appropriate solution
>> that utilizes milter API.
>
> Thanks, how do you think what are the advantages/disadvanteges of
> software based on milter API?

hmm.  there are several from both sides.  Either way, milter is the
recommended and supported way to go with sendmail.

>> BTW, avcheck suffers from the same problem.
>
> Can you tell what exactly is the reason? (If you have some time:))

You already answered this question.  There is no (at least easy) way
to reject mail for unknown users out of SMTP level.  And the whole
thing with reinjection is just ugly.

/mjt