[Avcheck] avcheck in postfix

Michael Tokarev mjt@tls.msk.ru
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:00:22 +0400

Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not follow closely your fight about Postfix not changing mail IDs
> when they go through avcheck and are resubmitted to :10025...

That was an attempt to (ab)use content_filter interface in a way so
postfix will NOT delete mail from the queue but continue processing
on successeful "delivery" to the filter.  It was called "content
inspector" - readonly inspection of emails passing the system.

> How did it end, finally?

The patch is being in use on all our systems currently.  I'm not
sure whenever anyone else in this world uses it ;)  It applies
to all stable postfix versions, but not to snapshot releases,
as snapshots are quite different from stable now and I had no
chance to adopt the patch for snapshots yet.  Either way, since
there's no support for this idea, I guess I need to invent
something completely different, maybe using new features found
in snapshots.

> Or, what is best way to integrate avchecks (with drweb here now)
> and postfix? As described in avcheck-0.92pre/README.Postfix?

Well, it seems currently there's the best way.

/mjt