[Avcheck] avcheck in postfix

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Nov 19 04:02:15 MSK 2003

Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:58:56PM +0200, Piotr KUCHARSKI wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 06:00:22PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>>
>>>That was an attempt to (ab)use content_filter interface in a way so
>>>postfix will NOT delete mail from the queue but continue processing
>>>on successeful "delivery" to the filter.  It was called "content
>>>inspector" - readonly inspection of emails passing the system.
>>>The patch is being in use on all our systems currently.
>>
>>Oh, may I try it, please?
>
> Hm. I guess that long silence means no. :(

Ugh.  That your email was marked "to do" in my inbox.. and still is
here.  The problem is that the patch, which is available on my ftp area,
does not really works anymore with current stable postfix release (it
definitely does not work with snapshots).  That is, virus-infected
emails stays in queue instead of being deleted, in active queue, without
any recipients.  All the rest works fine - normal delivery, virus
notifications/whatever.  And I didn't manage to figure out what's the
problem.  The patch workde with initial 2.0 releases.

ftp://ftp.corpit.ru/pub/postfix/postfix-2.0.4-content_inspector.diff -
it is there since 22nd Feb 2003.

/mjt