[Avcheck] avcheck an new Kaspersky daemon aveclient

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Wed Jan 7 11:09:04 MSK 2004

* avcheck at schwarzmann.biz <avcheck at schwarzmann.biz>:

> is the a possibility to use avcheck with new Kaspersky 5.0 Linux Software?

I made some experiments, thanks to Hans:

a) The new binary is dynamically linked, thus I needed to copy libc
   and other stuff to the chroot jail.

b) I had to change the config; in AvpUnix.ini I added:

[path]
BasesPath=/bases
LicensePath=/
LocalSocketPath=/ctl/AvpCtl

c) After that, I could start the aveserver using:

/usr/bin/env - HOME=/ \
./uchroot -u avpd /var/spool/avp ./aveserver -c /AvpUnix.ini

Problems:

* ALL mails are recognized as virus -- obviously the protocol changed
* starting the daemon emits no status message or version!

Ergo:

* It's not usable yet.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V a)   Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155