[Avcheck] Stcking with Kaspersky for now.

Piotr Klaban post at klaban.torun.pl
Fri Jan 23 16:20:12 MSK 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 09:31:38AM +0100, Řrnulf Nielsen wrote:
> This is not true. Traffic licensing (where only clean mail is counted)
> has been available since 4.0.

OK, Mea culpa - the licence has changed, if you say so.

> >    - problems (CPU, timeout) with UPX compression on sparc (it was a
> >    problem
> >      because many viruses use this kind of compression);
>
> ...and you have reported this bug to Kaspersky ofcourse? ;-)

Of course, the problem is well known at Kaspersky's labs.
I have been a tester of AVP for a few months (in the time of beta sparc releases),
and I sent reports to one of the Russian developpers.

He said that AVP's UPX uncompression worked slowly under sparc processor
because UPX code is not available in assembler code for sparc.
Maybe it works better now (in >4.0), but I did not checked it.
(In 4.0 it was the same).

--
Piotr Klaban