[Avcheck] postfix xclient

Nielsen nielsen at memberwebs.com
Mon Nov 22 05:46:20 MSK 2004

Geir Thomassen wrote:
> Have you seen proxsmtpd ?
>
> http://memberwebs.com/nielsen/software/proxsmtp/
>
> I have not tried it yet, but looking at the source code, it seems
> very well written. It does not support XCLIENT at the moment, but
> I guess it could be extended.

Interesting.

However, similar to what Michael said about avcheck, proxsmtp (and
clamsmtp) are currently oriented toward filtering DATA email bodies.
Unless I'm missing something, it seems XCLIENT has mainly to do with
filtering information like sender, sender domain, sender ip, recipients
etc...

In that case I probably wouldn't extend proxsmtp to include XCLIENT
functionality. proxsmtp and clamsmtp are meant to be stable and
relatively simple.

Feel free to use code from proxsmtp however if it does suit your purposes.

Cheers,
Nate