[Avcheck] avcheck postfix DSN

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Jul 12 20:53:19 MSD 2005

Oles Hnatkevych wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> Finally it happend, postfix 2.3 as of snapshot 200506xx is DSN-aware.
> Yet it does not help and does not work with avcheck, because it simply
> says:  delivery via avcheck: delivered via avcheck service.
> I see here two problems:
> 1) (AFAIK) postfix services are not "DSN-aware".

Well, no.  But not *every* postfix "service" (delivery agent) is
DSN-aware.  Namely, pipe(8) delivery agent is not DSN-aware
because the interface used does not permit that currently --
there's no (standard) way to pass all the required information
to programs being invoked.

> 2) avcheck is not DSN-aware.

Yes, that too.

> Do you guys know any solution to this problem?
> I would patch avcheck for myself to make it DSN-aware (to simply
> passthrough notification "wishes"), but how to be with postfix
> services?

The only way currently is to move to another interface, such as
SMTP (which is good for realtime content scanning too, to be
used as smtpd_proxy_filter).  And for such usage, clamsmtp looks
promising...

/mjt